Amentities and Facilities at Faro Airport (FAO)
If you ever thought about a holiday in the Algarve region of Portugal, you will find luxury resorts and hotels in Algarve offering complimentary breakfast, rooms, suites and apartments with views overlooking scenic golf courses and beaches. No matter where you are traveling from, the UK, the US or any other country or region of Portugal, Faro airport (FAO) is continuously improving its services and cheap flights to Faro airport are available.
FAO Faro Airport Info
– More than six million people use FAO airport yearly.
– There are at least 36 boarding gates.
– FAO airport has 60 check-in desks.
– Out of 22 check-in stands, there are 16 remote stands that load and unload passengers.
– There are more than 10 airport car hire companies located in FAO.
– FAO airport has more than 10 small and large car rental agencies.
– FAO airport only has one runway.
When traveling on a family vacation, visiting relatives or traveling on a business trip in the Algarve region, there are plenty of reliable transfers from FAO Faro airport to your destination. You can take a taxi or bus shuttle and train at marketable and low rates by planning and making reservations early to be sure that you arrive at hotels in Algarve or any other destination on time, and as scheduled.
There are local, multinational and international car rental companies that you can choose from as well, just do your research before booking a car that will accommodate your transportation while staying in the Algarve region of Portugal. Both local and multinational car rental companies are located in the airport’s facilities just outside the airport terminal, in parking P4. The international car rental companies are located on the other side with easy to follow signs to pick up your rental car.
However, it has been said that you should follow the car park P4 signs for more simpler directions from the airport terminals, as well when returning the vehicle, to arrive at the car rental facilities in a more timely and effective manner.
There is both airport parking and offsite airport parking available. The Faro airport has six levels of parking to choose from:
– Parking P0 and P1 is for short stay and a two-minute walk from the terminal.
– Parking P2 is also a short stay with a three-minute walk from the terminal.
– Parking P3 is a long stay with an eight-minute walk from the terminal.
– As mentioned above, Parking P4 is where you will find car rental companies.
– Parking P5 is where you will find private coaches, such as limousine services and other large vehicles that will accommodate your transfer from Faro airport to your destination.
– Parking P6 is for transfers from FAO Faro airport where you will find shuttle companies who provide taxi, bus, vans and private SUV shuttle services.
– FAO has two VIP lounges.
– There are restaurants and bars.
– There is free Wi-Fi.
– There is medical care service at FAO.
– There are financial services at FAO.
– FAO provides helpful information for tourists.
– There are duty-free shops, retail stores, for shopping.
Remember, when visiting Algarve, there are three regions to visit: Central, Eastern and Western, all with spectacular views such as cliffs, rocky coastlines, wild nature and parks, and quaint cafes. Thank you for visiting the Faro Airport Transfers Blog and booking your transfers with Faroairporttransfers.co.uk